Do you want to communicate better with your partner?
Do you want more intimacy in your relationship?
Do you want to hear what your mate is really saying?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, join us for Listening for Love: Effective Listening for Couples a powerful and practical 55-minute introductory teleclass. During this free program you will learn:
- Why effective listening is vital to a healthy relationship
- The crucial differences between “hearing” and “listening”
- Some of the barriers that prevent you from hearing what’s really being said
In this introductory teleclass, we focus on effective listening, one of the most important, yet most neglected, of our communication skills. Some of the benefits couples who participate can expect are:
- Increased intimacy
- Deeper understanding–of your partner and from your partner
- Greater awareness about your own strengths and challenges as a listener
- More openness toward hearing “positive” or “negative” feedback
Listening for Love: Effective Listening for Couples is open to all couples (married or dating, heterosexual or homosexual, older or younger, currently struggling or currently satisfied). You are also welcome to join us if you’re not currently in a relationship.
Listening for Love is developed and taught by Shonnie Lavender and Bruce Mulkey, the wife and husband authors of I Do! I Do! The Marriage Vow Workbook. Shonnie is a certified coach, a graduate of Coach U, and an honors graduate in communications at The University of Texas at Austin. Bruce is a writer and former communications and marketing consultant with over 25 years dedicated to producing effective communications for organizations and companies throughout the U.S.
- Managing time in busy marriages -- Is there enough of you to go around?
- Passionate Commitment
- The high price of poor listening. What is it costing you?
- Is Your Love on Target? Use "The Five Love Languages" to More Accurately Deliver Your Messages of Love and Improve Your Marriage
- Keeping Marriage Good for Your Health