This week we had the pleasure of being interviewed by Tom Heck, of TeachMeTeamwork.com. We were sharing about the importance of commitment in creating relationships that flourish–whether they are intimate or professional in nature.
You may click on the link at the bottom of this message to listen to the full interview (46 minutes). The primary areas we discussed include:
- How we define “commitment” and “vows”
- The power of using your vows on an ongoing basis (I also talk about this in our first podcast)
- The Commitment Scale (see graphic) — and how you can use it to stay connected to your partner and inspired in your relationship. We review the five levels of commitment, how to know which level you are in, and how to move up the scale to a higher level of commitment.
- The quality of a committed relationship versus a relationship in which commitment is lacking.
- The power of ritual in creating joy, gratitude and longevity in your marriage.
To access our full set of notes about commitment and The Commitment Scale, join our mailing list. Simply fill in the subscription form on the homepage. Once you’ve verified your subscription, you can download the PDF. You can also download the first 15 pages and a sample exercise (Rating Your Relationship) from I Do! I Do! The Marriage Vow Workbook (PDF files).
If you have practices that help you and your partner stay connected and committed, share them in the comments section. We’d love to benefit from your expertise too!
- Essential skills for a fantastic, long-lasting relationship (part 1)
- Marriage Vow Workbook authors interviewed on the Wedding Podcast Network
- Essential skills for a fantastic, long-lasting relationship (part 2)
- Podcast -- How wedding vows can solve arguments with your spouse
- Podcast -- Meet Shonnie Lavender & Bruce Mulkey