Whether you’re new to the I Do! I Do! blog or you’ve been visiting for awhile, you may be wondering about how we came to be “relationship experts.” Well, actually, we believe our true expertise is solely within OUR relationship. That being said, we have years of experience with dating, un-dating, finding one’s “ideal” partner, commitment, and marriage. We even know plenty about divorce from personal experience (Bruce as someone who has divorced and remarried. Shonnie as a person whose parents divorced and remarried.) So, that means our experience also covers a wide range of topics that affect most couples, including, yet definitely not limited to:
- couples and money issues
- sexuality and intimacy
- joint decision making
- making up and forgiveness
- sharing household and other duties
- extended family issues
- family transitions
Because our intention is to build a community at I Do! I Do! (Maybe we call that “We Do! We Do!”), we want to get to know one another. So, we’ll start the conversation with this podcast (Simply turn on your speakers and click the “audio mp3″ graphic or “Play Now” text to play the podcast file – 18 minutes.), where we tell you about:
- our backgrounds — can you say May-December?
- how we met — involves mildly crazy ideas, sweat, and lots of runners
- our wedding — it landed us in a Christian Science Monitor story titled, “Nutty Nuptials”
- our history writing marriage/wedding vows — we are one committed couple
- how we came to write I Do! I Do! The Marriage Vow Workbook — a winding path led us to this destination
- our intention with the book — can we change the world one relationship at a time?
Now it’s your turn. We want to meet you. So, leave a comment telling us a bit about yourself(selves), what you’re going for in your relationship, and any questions you’d like us to answer about love, marriage, wedding vows or anything else that would support you in creating and maintaining your ideal relationship.