We want to make it easy for you to write your own wedding vows, so we invite couples to share their own personal vows here on our blog. You can read other sample vows from first and second marriages in the “Wedding Vows” category of the
I Do! I Do! blog.
Today we’re honored to share the vows of George Rogers & Andrea Williams who were married on April 19, 1985 (and they’re still very much in love). If you’re like us, you’re sure to enjoy these simple, heartfelt, romantic vows of love.
George to Andrea
- I wed thee, Andrea, not to have, but to be my friend; not to hold, but to share my life.
- I promise you my love and affection so long as there is in me the strength to draw a breath.
- I will make my love a resting place by caring and nurturing and supporting and listening.
- I will always seek to be honest and forthright with you, though it may sometimes frighten me to do so.
- I promise to conduct myself honorably and in ways that will never undermine my trustworthiness in your eyes.
- I will try always to be as good as that person whose courage first enabled him to reach out to you. . .who cast his bread upon the waters and whose reward is embodied in our wedding today.
- I will act to protect my health so that we may share a long and fruitful life
together. . .full of joy and love. . .
- And if I should live forever and all my dreams come true. . .my memories of love will be of you.
Andrea to George
- With a mother’s love, I will nurture and care for you.
- With a daughter’s love, I will honor and respect you.
- With a sister’s love, I will laugh and play with you.
- With a friend’s love, I will support and encourage you.
- With a lover’s love, I will caress and cherish you.
- With a wife’s love, I will share my deepest self with you.
- And with the love of life itself, I will seek to enliven the pure Spirit that joins our souls and completes our happiness.